Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Disaster Relief for Fleetwood Baptist Church, Cottondale, AL-Your help is Needed!

Hi Everyone!
I will be traveling down to Fleetwood Baptist Church in the Tuscaloosa suburb of Cottondale, AL, Saturday June 18th. I worked with them the Saturday after the tornado and I am returning to help some more with tornado relief clean-up, plus I will be staying over and leading their worship service Sunday, June 19th. This relatively small church is very dear to me, I watched this congregation run meals and much needed supplies in the wake of a horrible disaster with so much passion for their community, love and energy. They are an official distribution center in the community (one extremely hard hit by the tornado) in spite of losing a congregation member in the storm, and having physical damage to the church.

I want to bless them when I return. They have given me a list of items needed for their community relief and my plan is to take a JAM PACKED Soles4Souls SUV down to Tuscaloosa. But, my dream is to have to rent a UHaul to drive down everything that your generous souls will donate.

If you donate items to Hope4Souls, a new division of Soles4Souls that provides miscellaneous items to our partners in need (toys/books/children's strollers to name a few), I can make sure that you are provided with a tax receipt for your donation. Fleetwood Baptist is an official distribution partner with Soles4Souls.

I will need to have the items by Wednesday, June 15th so that I can determine my vehicle situation. You can get them to me in a variety of ways:

Hopepark Peeps:
You can deliver them to Andrea Harris-Kenney and she will get them to me (just include your Name, Address, Email and items donated so that I can get a tax receipt to you)

Local to Nashville, you can drop the items off at:
Soles4Souls Headquarters: 319 Martingale Dr. Old Hickory, TN 37138

Out of Townies, you can also ship these items to:

ATTN: Tiffany Johnson
Soles4Souls
319 Martingale Dr
Old Hickory, TN 37138

Thank you in advance, for whatever you can contribute! I will be sure to send a follow-up email of how the weekend goes! The items are below!


FLEETWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH RELIEF SUPPLIES

SCHOOL SUPPLIES

PAPER, folders, binders, etc.
Wide ruled notebook paper
Marbled Composition notebooks
Spiral notebooks wide ruled
3”x5” index cards, ruled and plain
Plain folders (red, blue, greed, yellow, orange, purple)
Dividers with tabs
Multi color construction paper
Copy paper
2 inch three-ring binder
Mead primary journals

Pencils, crayons, markers, etc.
#2 pencils
24 ct crayons
24 count Crayola crayons
Washable Crayola markers
Colored pencils
Black sharpie marker
Highlighter
4 ct Expo Dry erase markers
Scissors, glue, etc.
Packs of glue sticks
Fiskar scissors
Small Elmer’s glue bottle
Cleaning supplies, paper goods, bags etc.
Kleenex
Liquid hand soap
Baby wipes
Quart sized Ziploc easy zipper bags
Gallon sized Ziploc easy zipper bags
Wet Wipes
Germ-X hand sanitizer large size
Sandwich bags
3 pack paper towels
Brown lunch bags
White lunch bags
75-ct Clorox wipes
Misc.
Plastic pencil box
Pink erasers
Clipboards
Plastic shoe box
4 ct crayola washable finger paints
4 count classic color play doh
Sugar free singles drink mix



KITCHEN AND BATH SUPPLIES
Kitchen kits:
dishes
pots and pans
silverware
glasses
kitchen towels/dishcloths
kitchen utensils

Bath kits:
towels
washcloths
shower curtains
shower curtain hooks

*ONE SPECIAL REQUEST-They are in need of about 250 clear backpacks, and I am working on it....but this is greatly needed for back to school and they HAVE to be clear!

No comments: