Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Beautiful Beginning

I love it when my day starts like this. I just got a phone call from a lady in the Southeast that reached out to us a few weeks ago in need of a pair of shoes. We try to fulfill individual requests when we can, although it is not always possible. This precious woman is in Cardiac Rehab, and was in dire need of a pair of athletic shoes to continue her therapy by walking on the treadmill.

I sent the shoes to the Cardiac Rehab Dept. in care of her nurse, and they came back…so we resent them and the hospital even called, unsure of where to deliver them. Each setback I was able to intercept… (Providence is indeed a lovely thing) and today, she called me…

The lightness of her voice, her excitement as she told me of how well they fit, and how she was able to begin walking on the treadmill was absolutely “golden”. She just exuded joy…and was so grateful, so thankful, that she had new shoes to continue her therapy in. She also promised me a photo of her on the treadmill.

I ended the call with two assignments for her: to continue to strengthen her heart to get better, and to PAY IT FORWARD (Little did she know she JUST DID by calling me). And she laughed excitedly and promised she would.

All of this was from a simple pair of shoes. Or, better yet, from the fact that this person felt loved and cared about, and the tangible gift of a pair of shoes communicated to her that she IS loved and valued…and from that, JOY AND HOPE was heard in her voice. And felt in my heart.

Yes, what a great way to start Thursday, June 2, 2011.

No comments: