Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Little Pieces

I'm 34 years old, soon to be 35. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that I will have children and I'm completely OK with that. But some people in my life are not so ok with it, and have even asked me "But who will take care of you when you are older?" I know they meant well, but having a child does not guarantee that I have adequate care when I am a senior citizen and unable to care for myself.

Some people think its a little unusual that I don't pine over having a baby. I love babies so much, love other people's babies and caring for them. But that doesn't mean I need a baby.

I look at it this way...what if by not having children I can go out and love on so many children and individuals who do not have a mother or someone to love them? What if that is my legacy?

"If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it may be because pieces will feed a multitude when a loaf would satisfy only a little boy" Elisabeth Elliot

I love this quote, I have for over 10 years. When I read this quote above, I interpret it many ways: Yes, when we are broken before God, He basically divides and conquers with the pieces of our life. I also see this quote as an explanation, somewhat, over the BABY question in my own life.

I want to touch AS MANY HURTING PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD AS I CAN. And I think the solution for me to do that is to be freed up on some levels that others are not.

And God has been SO gracious to me to put people into my life that I have been able to "mother" and pour myself into, and this fills me and gives me so much joy.

I think everyone has their own unique path. Sometimes it is not 2.5 kids, a pool and a SUV.

People will see me holding a baby sometimes and say "That is a good look on you". And you know what? They are right. Loving another person and showing compassion and tenderness is a good look on anyone.

It looks the same as:

Kneeling at the feet of a homeless man with no teeth and fitting him with shoes
Putting on rainboots and gloves to clean out a flood ravaged home
Having a friend over late into the night because she just needs to talk
Watching a young woman grow into adulthood that you have had the honor of mentoring for 10 years

And I'm not finished...I want to DO SO MUCH MORE...and expend myself more. Love more, care more....nurture more.

Whoever you are, Wherever you are, children, no children, its OK!

Just remember, everyone has a different path....but I think we all hope for the same destination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww your last 2 posts are so moving. and you know me. I don't "move". Mean little Tami has tears in her eyes! You are SO sweet & so encouraging. & have been that way since the DAY I met you... like 8 EIGHT 8 years ago. Wild how time goes by!!!! anyway. You can have my bad kids. They will like you more anyway :) That way - you have time to travel the world.. find as many True Religion jeans as you can.. & acquire a few more cats :) You da'bomb.

xoxoxoxo