Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Thursday, August 20, 2009

This weekend I will be in Reynosa, Mexico

In an orphanage, full of children that were not wanted by their families or were left there because no one could care for them or chose not to. I have been on mission trips before here in the States. And I have been touched and challenged and humbled each time because I realize my life is not as bad as I think it is.
My mom has already said "please do not put one of the children in your suitcase and bring them home", she knows me all too well.
What I want this weekend is to engage with another human being and just offer them love, kindness, patience, gentleness, and the gift of shoes of course, I am going on behalf of Soles4Souls.
And I want to do that here too, at home, the ultimate mission field. Our mission is all around us. In our homes, work, circle of friends, our extended family...our enemies. Those opportunities are everywhere, just waiting for us.

I love Elisabeth Elliot, I used to gobble up anything she wrote, but her writings are very challenging and they cause us to look inward and do some soul searching. So, like the selfish, self-absorbed, busy with my own life person I can be, I avoid them because I don't want to feel that feeling, you know the one where you feel like you aren't doing enough, searching inward enough....

"Here lies the tremendous mystery - that God should be all-powerful, yet refuse to coerce. He summons us to cooperation. We are honoured in being given the opportunity to participate in his good deeds. Remember how He asked for help in performing his miracles: Fill the waterpots, stretch out your hand, distribute the loaves" Elisabeth Elliot

I hope to bring back beautiful, amazing stories...godspeed.

No comments: