Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Hope of Haiti


I can understand how hard it is for us to truly comprehend what people face in the midst of their tragedy. If we cannot see it for ourselves, feel it, touch it, and experience it, it is difficult for us to completely wrap our minds around it. We can watch the news, read blogs and shed tears, maybe even open our wallets, but until we HUMANIZE it, and give it a face, a name...we simply cannot even begin to understand.

This is Woodley. He has a dynamic personality, is full of energy and loves to jump rope. For such a young boy, he has a deep, scratchy voice that cracks me up (even though I cannot understand everything he says) He loves to take charge of the situation and I can tell from watching him, he is a leader and enjoys making people laugh. He has the sweetest smile. He has a new black and white kitten that he loves to play with. He calls me "Stiffany"

He lost his Mom and Dad in the earthquake. He and his beautiful teenage sister, Darlene, live with their Aunt and Uncle now. They are blessed, because they have family that took them in and care for them, unlike so many.

For me, when I think of Haiti now....I can't help but think of Woodley. Woodley IS Haiti to me.

No comments: