Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by! I hope my little blurbs on life, music, and Soles4Souls give you something to smile about or ponder...

Twitter / tiffanyjohnson_

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some little bits and pieces that will make up a BLOG

Hey Ya'll,
There is a plethora (look it up) of things I want to write about that, so here goes;

1. Livin the Music Benefit/Soles4Souls
Last week, the 501c3 Livin the Music (www.livinthemusic.org)hosted a concert to benefit Soles4Souls at the popular venue 3rd and Lindsley in Nashville. We had over a dozen artists perform at the event as well as participate in three shoe distributions that day. We gave out shoes at Lighthouse Mission Ministries, which runs a rehabilitation program for men who are struggling with alcohol and drug abuse. Then we headed to the International Newcomer Academy, a Metro Schools program for children who are refugees. The Academy tests their literacy, and teaches them English before they mainstream the students into the public school system. The last stop of the day before the concert was at the YWCA. We were able to visit their battered women's shelter and spend time with some very special women and children.
The concert itself was incredibly special, but I enjoyed the distributions the most. Big Machine Recording Artist Adam Gregory joined us for the events and sang at each stop, which was such a treat. The one on one contact with the men and women and children that we gave shoes to will be forever in my mind. I helped one young woman at the school lace her sneakers because she didn't know how. She was 14 years old.
It was a very special day and I was SO glad it went well!

2. Singing "Foreigner" tunes at church.
OK, I am very fortunate to be a part of such a GREAT church(www,hopepark.com) and I am frequently involved in the music there. Last Sunday, I covered the Foreigner tune "I Want To Know What Love Is". It was definitely a hair band moment, the people loved it, I often felt like I needed a perm and bangs while singing it. But I scored some serious points with this volunteer that I have been trying to reach out to for a couple of years. I always smile or say Hi and he just never really responds...being the people pleaser I am, I just keep trying...:)
Well, I walked by him Sunday and HE spoke the ME..."Great song, I loved it".....wow.....
OK, if it takes some hair band power ballads, I am all over it.

3. DEWEY
I just finished the book "Dewey" by Vicki Myron...sniff sniff. If any of you know me, you know how much I love my kitties. This nonfiction book is amazing. It is a MUST read. It is just another simple story about how ordinary people and things can make an extraordinary impact. I cried the last 5 chapters and for a while after I finished it, because it just impacted me SO personally. Please pick it up.

Alrighty then, that's it for now...Hey, FYI I am off to the Sundance Film Festival to represent Soles4Souls with Puma. We are going to have celebrities sign Puma shoes and then have an online auction and all of this will benefit Soles4Souls. So, stay tuned!!!!!!!

No comments: